Our Way Is a Valid Way Professional Educator Resource
This resource is intended to enhance all teachers’ understanding of the diverse FNMI traditions, values, and attitudes, and of the historical and contemporary realities of FNMI peoples in western and northern Canada. The guiding questions in the creation of this resource are:
- What aspects of WNCP Indigenous ways of knowing should be weaved into K–12 professional development resources for teachers?
- What are the professional development methods of delivery that respectfully reflect the cultural aspects of ways of knowing, intellectual property rights, and holistic learning environments?
- What practices promote success for First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students?
- What supports enhance teachers’ understandings of WNCP peoples?
- How can the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit professional development resource be effectively implemented in school jurisdictions?
This resource is focused on professional development for teachers, districts and schools and supports a student/classroom connection.
|Focus(s):||First Nations, Métis, Inuit|
|Audience(s):||Instructional Leaders, Teachers|
|Teaching Quality Standards:|
|Principal Leadership Quality Standards:|
|Keyword(s):||Culture, FNMI, Indigenous, Residential schools|
|Level(s):||Elementary, Junior High, Senior High|